Saturday, October 31, 2009

A wonderful ride and great group of people

Wow, I didn't realize it had been so long since I had updated my blog. Today Deb & I rode down to Florence to attend our first Motor Maids meeting. It was a pretty chilly when we left home but by the time we headed home it was a tad warm.

The ride was uneventful and we arrived in Florence early. So we decided to stop at the local Circle K, get something to drink and pass a little time before our scheduled lunch. We finished up our drinks and went to gas up so we wouldn't have to do it afterwards. In the process of putting my key in the ignition, it jumped right out of my hand and down into the engine of my bike. Wouldn't you know it? Out in the middle of nowhere, well, not really nowhere but Florence is a very small town.

I can't see the key anywhere. Deb ran down the street to the NAPA to get a telescoping magnet thing but that didn't work. I ended up having to loosen the cover over the clutch to get it out. In the end it was a good thing we got there so early, by the time we got my key out and to the lunch we were only about 10 minutes late.

The women there were an interesting group, several from Tucson, a pair from the Grand Canyon area, another pair from Mesa and Deb & I. One of the women there has been a member of Motor Maids for over 50 years. Listening to their stories was a real treat.

Anyway, we had a great time and a great ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment