Monday, June 21, 2010

Motorcycle Prep for Cody

I spend a good part of yesterday in the garage getting my bike ready for our upcoming trip to Cody, WY. Last week I had my stock bars swapped out for some CP Punishers and was floored at the vibration I experienced. So, after doing some research I ended up making my own bar weights.

Removed the new Pro Twisted Grips, trip to Ace Hardware and bought some 3/4" OD 5/8" ID vinyl hose and appropriate end caps. Cut to 6 inch sections, tossed a couple of fishing weights and filled with RTV silicone from Auto Zone. Inserted those into the bars and reinstalled the grips. Haven't tested it yet but think it should help. Also installed mirror extenders so I can see something besides my own arms. Also installed under seat base for Kuryakan Gran Tour bag. Getting the seat back on was a PITA. Had to take the Leatherlykes off. Now I need to adjust the shocks and test ride and we'll be good to go.

Oh, and I'll need a new manicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment