Monday, June 27, 2011

My Love Hate Relationship With Traveling

First, let me say I love traveling be it by plane, automobile or especially by motorcycle.  Seeing new places, old places, old friends and making new ones, it's all so exciting and fun.  Never do I feel closer to God (Higher Power, Allah, Great Spirit, or whatever you choose) than when I am riding. Seeing nature in an up close and personal way, smelling the smells and feeling the feelings that you don't get in a car or plane.  Then there is the adventure of what is around the next corner, what's not to love, right?

Getting ready, I hate getting ready to travel, do I have everything I need? Am I taking things I don't need? Is there enough room? What's the weather going to be like? All very important especially on a motorcycle and in these days of charges for checked bags or overweight bags.

Then there is the list for the house sitter, packages to ship, laundry to put away, errands to run and a dozen other things.  I need two of me!  Honestly, no matter how much time I have to prepare or how prepared I think I am, I'm totally stressed until I actually throw my leg over the bike or close the car door.

By now you may be wondering, if I have so much to do, why am I sitting here blogging about it? Well, I'm having my last cup of coffee then I am off to tackle all the tasks.  My goal for the day is to have everything done and the bike fully packed with the exception of my cpap so tomorrow morning I have coffee, shower, pack the cpap and go.

Now the coffee is gone and some am I!

No comments:

Post a Comment