Saturday, March 21, 2015

Some Days

Like today, I can't even pretend to be normal. Nothing seems right, nothing appeals to me, I don't want to go anywhere or see anyone.  I have problems finding joy in things I once did.

Most days, I work like a fiend, keeping my mind occupied with reports, problems, interviews, meetings, all so I don't have to think. Or I guess I should say think about someone who really matters, the one who is missing from my life.

A few days ago, my grandsons were here for the night.  I look at their adorable little faces and I see their mother's face smiling back at me.  Their laughter so much like Amanda's at their age.  I wonder what their lives will be like without their mother.

Things feel so different now. No, things ARE different now.

I believe that eventually all our lives will be more "normal".  I won't have to pretend to be normal.

Maybe I will be able to write something that isn't so sad and depressing.

2 comments: